Filed under News

Improvements and New Policies on the Horizon

In November 2017, UPA selected students from every grade level to participate in the first school-wide focus groups.

In the span of four meetings, students and Director of Student Services Andrew Yau came together to decide on improvements and new policies to implement in the upcoming 2018-2019 school year.

Each grade had the opportunity to contribute its ideas, and in the end, all participants voted on five primary priorities.

The five primary priorities are listed below with details provided by Yau.

New policies and improvements that will be implemented next school year.

About the Writer
Emily Hung, Co-Editor-in-Chief

Emily Hung is a senior and the current co-editor-in-chief of Aquila. This is her fourth year as a journalist, and she is planning on majoring in journalism and pursuing it as a career. Outside of the hard working person she is, Emily is just like everyone else. She really likes to eat Miso soup and adding Cilantro to a variety of foods — the stem of the herb is her favorite. Emily also likes to make smoothies in the summer; she’s created banana, apricot, orange and apple flavored ones. Her ideal vacation spot would be anywhere near the ocean or a body of water. If Emily won a thousand dollars, she would donate 20 percent of it and use the rest for a trip to Hawaii. Other than traveling to Hawaii, she would also like to live in Los Angeles someday due to the city’s large amount of entertainment and media like the Los Angeles Times, Disneyland and Buzzfeed. She would also like to own either a husky or a golden retriever since she believes they’re smart and adorable; she can’t really choose between the two. Besides dogs, Emily also loves alpacas and squids. She likes the alpaca, which she calls “the smaller llama,” since they’re adorable and really soft.