Dalgona coffee, based on the Korean toffee candy, is the latest beverage trending across multiple social media platforms. It is very simple to make because the coffee mixture contains only three ingredients: any type of instant coffee, granulated white sugar and water. This recipe uses Nescafe Taster’s Choice House Blend Light Roast Instant Coffee, which is found at Costco in a container of 14 ounces for $15. With COVID-19 preventing people from venturing outside their homes, this drink is a delightful alternative to people’s usual coffee beverages.
2 Tablespoons of instant coffee (I used Nescafe Taster’s Choice House Blend Light Roast Instant Coffee)
3 Tablespoons of granulated white sugar
2 1/2 Tablespoons of hot water
3/4 cup of any type of milk (I used 2% reduced-fat milk)
4 Ice cubes
1) In a mixing bowl, add the instant coffee and white sugar.
2) Add 2 1/2 tablespoons of hot water into the bowl.
3) Use a spoon to mix everything together.
4) Use an electric hand mixer to continue mixing with medium speed for six minutes until the mixture becomes thick and has a rich caramel color.
5) Add ice cubes in the glass cup and pour milk to fill 3/4 of the cup.
6) Use a spoon to transfer the coffee mixture on top of the milk.
7) Mix the drink with the spoon.